Wednesday 4 May 2011

Experimenting

I am really very lucky to have been loaned a DSLR camera by an exceptionally thoughtful, person to have a play with for a couple of days.
Its a canon 400D using a 75-300 lens.

So for the next few days I'll just share my observations and experiments with this camera.
These were taken on Monday, the first Day I had it, it was drizzly and grey. My first observation is using this camera has really absolutely minimised editing post taking the photos, the backgrounds in macro are already totally appropriate and the colours are so much more accurate to real life.


When I saw the camera could capture a rose and subdue the background like this ...

I started to experiment with placement of subject to get a more 'arty' photo.

 Then I just started to see things differently and look for opportunities like this.

I'll schedule a couple more posts with less words based on the photos I took on Monday. Then follow on with additional days. :)

1 comment:

  1. Delightful photos. The last one especially caught my eye. It's fun experimenting isn't it!

    ReplyDelete